Who else is running that I have yet to write about?
Democrats- Lincoln Chafee, Jim Webb
Republicans- Rick Santorum, George Pataki, Lindsey Graham, Rick Perry, and Chris Christie.
For now, however, let’s talk about the most surprising candidate, Donald Trump. (I can’t believe I’m doing this right now…) I also feel the need to say that this was a super hard post to research. The media are going crazy with Donald Trump and all the outrageous things he’s saying, both out loud and on Twitter. So, instead of talking about Donald Trump’s stance on the issues, most of the news about him is more gossip-centered. That being said, I did the best I could to find information for you guys!
Who is Donald Trump?
-Republican (Previously Democrat and Independent)
-Businessman/Real Estate Developer/Star and Co-Producer of The Apprentice/Billionaire
Where does Donald Trump stand on certain issues?
- Gay Rights: Opposes same-sex marriage. Values traditional marriage.
- Women’s Rights: Has not announced a stance.
- War: I don’t know if he’s for it or against it. He claims he has a plan to take down ISIS, but he won’t reveal what it is, because he doesn’t want the enemy privy to his plans.
- Foreign Policy: Would send limited troops on the ground to fight ISIS. Does not believe that we should be negotiating with Iran. Wants to increase sanctions
- Abortion: Pro-life. Wants to fight Obamacare due to allowing abortion funding.
- Student loans/debt: Has not announced a stance.
- Health Care: Does not support ObamaCare- wants it repealed and replaced with universal health care.
- Criminal Justice: Has not announced a stance.
- Marijuana: Would legalize and tax marijuana.
- Immigration: Believes that illegal immigrants from Mexico are bringing drugs and crime when they come to America, and that many are rapists. Wants to strengthen the border of Mexico to keep immigrants out. Called for people to boycott Macys, as the company is “weak on border security & stopping illegal immigration.” Believes that the shooting in San Francisco proves his point that we need to secure the border. Believes there should be no path to citizenship for illegal immigrants
What are the highlights of Donald Trump’s campaign?
-Creating jobs for Americans
-Fixing the immigration system