We have one more addition to the running- Republican Bobby Jindal. Add him to the list of profiles you can expect in the future. But, for now, Jeb Bush!
*Disclaimer- I’m sorry if a lot of these answers are vague or just sound like I’m talking in circles. But this is the information I found. So, it’s what I’m going with.
Who is Jeb Bush?
-Brother of George W. Bush and Son of George H.W. Bush
-Former Governor of Florida
Where does Jeb Bush stand on certain issues?
- Gay Rights: Does not seek to make an amendment that would allow states to outlaw the right for gay marriage in all 50 states. “Guided by my faith, I believe in traditional marriage. I believe the Supreme Court should have allowed the states to make this decision. I also believe that we should love our neighbor and respect others, including those making lifetime commitments. In a country as diverse as ours, good people who have opposing views should be able to live side by side.”
- Women’s Rights: All the information I could find on this dates back to the 90s. I will update as I find information that is more current to this election.
- War: I honestly have no idea at this point. I’ll try to update when I learn a bit more about his stance. Sorry guys!
- Foreign Policy: Wants more military spending. Wants to strengthen the US military. Stands against Russia- wants deeper economic and security ties with eastern European countries that are vulnerable against Russia.
- Abortion: Pro-life, with the exception of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is in danger. Does not support the public funding of abortion clinics.
- Student Loans/Debts: Believes On-Line classes and For-Profit Institutions for future students will reduce the number of loans being taken out in the pursuit of higher education.
- Health Care: Wants to repeal ObamaCare and enact a free-market healthcare system. “As president of the United States, I would make fixing our broken health-care system one of my top priorities. I will work with Congress to repeal and replace this flawed law with conservative reforms that empower consumers with more choices and control over their health care decisions,”
- Criminal Justice: Supports the death penalty. Wants to reform the criminal justice system.
- Marijuana: Does not think it’s a good idea to legalize marijuana, but believes it should be left up to the states to decide.
- Immigration: Wants immigration reform. Believes that illegal immigrants should be granted legal status if they take steps toward become a legal citizen. “My belief is we need to give people a path to legal status. You pay your fines, you get provisional work permits, where you come out of the shadows, you pay taxes, you pay fines, you don’t receive government assistance, you learn English, you don’t commit crimes.”
What are the highlights of Jeb Bush’s campaign?
-sigh- You guys, I know these profiles are supposed to be completely unbiased and just stating the facts, but the fact of the matter is, this guy is just like his father and just like his brother. He’s talking in circles without saying anything, and I hardly know where he stands on the issues, let alone what he hopes to accomplish as President and what he’s highlighting in his campaign. I’ll likely delete this and update with actual bullet points once I learn what they are. But, in the meantime, I apologize that this is all you get. I encourage you all to comment below with links to articles about his campaign, and with any information, along with sources, that you may have. Thank you!